Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Duration : 3 year (6 Semesters)
Eligibility : Class 12th in any stream with English subject
Medium : English
BA degree holders become eligible to work in both government and private sectors with an average salary ranging from INR 4-7LPA.
Educational Institutes, Economic Development, Export Companies, Foreign Affairs, Law Firms, Lobbying Firms, Media Houses, etc. are some of the main domains for these candidates to work.
BA Course students with less than 1 year of experience can expect a minimum salary of around INR 18,000- 25,000. In cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc., you can expect a minimum salary of INR 22,000- 28,000.
In other cities, the minimum salary can start from INR 15,000- 18,000 but it largely depends upon the job profile and the company.
Deloitte, ITC Hotels, NIIT, Byju’s, Toppr, BCG, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, KPMG, Accenture, etc. are some of the top recruiting companies of Bachelor of Arts.
- BA full form is bachelor of arts. It is an undergraduate course belonging to the stream of arts for a duration of 3 years. Check: Art Courses
- BA can be pursued full-time, distance, or online mode, especially working professionals or students who want to pursue BA from the comfort of their native places can pursue BA Distance Education.
- Minimum BA eligibility criteria is 50% marks (in some cases 45%) in class 12 from a recognized board.
- Top BA Colleges in India include Miranda House, St. Stephens’ college, Hindu College, etc. BA Admission 2021 in these colleges commences from June 2021, and above 95% scores are required to get admission.
- Gargi College, Miranda House, Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, Indraprastha College for Women are the top government BA colleges that are known to offer decent placements of INR 1-5 LPA.
- Top BA specializations in terms of salary prospects are BA Economics, BA English, and BA Anthropology.
- After BA, aspirants pursue MA or Master of Arts to pursue research by doing an MPhil course later or switch their specialization different to what it was in bachelors.
- The majority of aspirants prefer to pursue MBA after BA, as it offers lucrative career options and salary.
- Some candidates prefer to prepare for government exams like UPSC after BA, to become IAS, IPS.
- The average salary of professionals after a BA course ranges between INR 10,000 – 80,000.
Why Study BA?
- With more than 9 million people choosing to pursue BA, BA has become one of the popular courses in India, the reasons why you should choose to pursue BA after class 12 are:
- A bachelor of arts degree offers more diverse and varied career options than a bachelor of science or commerce degree.
- Unlike, BSc, BBA, or BCom which focus on a particular discipline, BA focuses on a broad range of concepts.
- After a BA degree, aspirants have the liberty to enter healthcare, Management, business, Finance, Commerce, or any other sector.
- Most of the government jobs and government exams such as SSC require candidates to hold a degree from arts discipline, hence pursuing BA is the best option for those who want to work in the government sector.
- There are as many jobs for BA graduates as there are for graduates of IT and Medical Courses.
- BA course emphasizes cultural knowledge, which is not taught in any other courses.
- The study of arts via BA course places more emphasis on emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Government Jobs
Many BA graduates prepare for various government examinations like UPSC, SSC CGL, Railway exam, SBI PO, LIC etc. and get employed in the government sector.
Following list shows few of the government jobs preferred by BA students with average salary.
- Executive Assistant : INR 3.5 to 5.0 LPA
- Office Assistant : INR 5.6 to 9.5 LPA
- Project Technical Officer : INR 6.6 to 10.6 LPA
- Trained Graduate Teacher : INR 3.5 to 5.0 LPA
- SBI Relationship Manager : INR 3.1 to 5.0 LPA
- Government Lecturer : INR 7.2 to 11.5 LPA
- Government Editor : INR 4 to 6.2 LPA
- Civil Servant : INR 6.7 to 10.3 LPA
- Government Economist : INR 8.1 to 14.2 LPA
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Private Jobs for Freshers
BA students with less than 1 year of experience can expect a minimum salary of around INR 18,000- 25,000. The range varies in different locations.
In metropolitan cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc., you can expect a minimum salary of INR 22,000- 28,000. In other cities, the minimum salary can start from INR 15,000- 18,000 but it largely depends upon the job profile and the company.
Following are few of the jobs for BA graduates after pursuing BA Pass course:
- Content Creator : 3.5 to 6.0 LPA
Content creators can be employed in any field ranging from copywriting to travel writing, blogging, etc. They are also required in big MNCs to develop content for brands and advertising.
- Academic Writing and Editing : 4 to 7LPA
Academic writers usually write content for research articles or papers and edit the already written articles for further modifications.
- Air Hostess/ Flight Attendant : 6 to 10 LPA
They are responsible for the safety of passengers inside the flight, taking care of them and serving them onboard.
- Political Consultant : 7.5 to 12 LPA
A political consultant studies the origin, development, and operation of political systems, which may include public opinion, ideology, political decision-making,
- Author/ Writer : 4.5 to 7.5 LPA
An Author writes fictional, academic, non fictional or any genre of books or short stories, apart from different sorts of literature mediums.
- Historian : 4.5 to 7.0 LPA
A historian usually writes or outlines the chronological account or record of past or current events in history, dealing with some phase of human activity, either in terms of individuals, or social, ethnic, political, or geographic groupings.
- Psychologist : 4.2 to 7.1 LPA
A psychologist employs their education and practical knowledge to provide diagnostic interviews, psychological testing, and individual, group psychotherapy, etc. They can work individually or may work as part of a multidisciplinary team or professionals.
- Executive Assistant : 6 to 10 LPA
An Executive Assistant performs the role similar to a secretary or administrative assistant. They usually perform tasks from accepting and making phone calls, setting business meeting agendas to reviewing incoming reports, etc.
- Counsellor : 3.5 to 5.0 LPA
A counselor guides students or professionals about their career and studies as per the client’s interest. They work either individually or under some counselling company.
- Foreign Language Expert : 4 to 6.5 LPA
Foreign language experts are the professionals who help to translate conversations and written files to overcome language barriers in business and communication.
- Social Worker : 2.9 to 4.5 LPA
Social work can be done in any field like child labour, women’s rights, unemployment, anima services, etc. There are so many government institutions and organizations which require social workers. They are also employed by national and international NGOs.
- Archaeologist : 3.5 to 5.5 LPA
An Archaeologist investigates historic and prehistoric sites and examines the physical remains to understand human links to the past and to preserve past cultures.
BA Jobs Abroad
The most lucrative among the wide scope of employment afforded to graduates of the BA course abroad are listed below:
- Executive Assistant
- Operations Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Content Writer
- Operations Team Leader
- Marketing Manager
- Business Development Manager
Courses After BA
- Candidates after BA can go for professional courses like MBA, LLB, B.Ed, etc as well.
- Apart from these there are several professional diploma courses also like photography, language studies (French, Spanish, etc.), graphic designing, digital marketing, etc. which will help you get better jobs in the market.
- Students with a BA degree can do an MBA Course. The eligibility criteria for MBA is to have a bachelor course with more than 50%.
- Students will have to take preparation for MBA Entrance Exams in order to study MBA after BA.
- Since there is no bar on the age of the student to study LLB, studying LLB after BA is not a problem anymore.
- Students with a bachelor degree can study LLB which will last 3 years.
Semester I Paper 1T1 History of India from Earliest Times to 1525
Semester II Paper 2T1 History of India from 1526 to 1761
Semester III Paper 3T1 History of India : 1764 to 1885
Semester IV Paper 4T1 History of India : 1885 – 1947
Semester V Paper 5T1 Modern World – 1789-1920
Semester VI Paper 6T1 Modern World : 1920-1960
Semester I Paper- I : Political Theory
Semester II Paper-II : Western Political Thought
Semester III Paper-III : Indian Government And Politics
Semester IV Paper-IV: State Government And Politics
Semester V Paper-V : Comparative Government & Politics (with reference to UK & USA)
Semester VI Paper-VI : International Relations
Semester I An Introduction
Semester II Sociology: Themes and Perspectives
Semester III Foundations of Sociological Thought
Semester IV Indian Sociological Tradition
Semester V Indian Society: The Structural Issues
Semester VI Current Social Problems in India
Semester –I Ambedkar Thought (Socialthought-1)
Semester –II Ambedkar Thought (Social Thought-2)
Semester –III Ambedkar Thought (Economic Thought-1)
Semester –IV Ambedkar Thought (Economic Thought-2)
Semester –V Ambedkar Thought (Political Thought-1)
Semester –VI Ambedkar Thought (Political Thought-2)
Semester – I History of Buddhism in india
Semester – II History of Buddhism in india
Semester – III Buddhist Literature
Semester – IV Buddhist Literature
Semester – V Buddhist Philosophy
Semester – VI Buddhist Philosophy